Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Maybe everyone will calm down soon

Does your vision ever go all bouncy on you? Like the whole room is shaking? This happens to me all the time. Please don't tell me it means I have a brain tumor. This has been happening to me for years. So if it's a brain tumor, it's the kind and gentle variety.


I am so glad the inauguration is over. The lovefest has me so nauseated I'm actually starting to lose the baby weight. I don't care if the Angel Gabriel himself just became President of the United States of America. He's going to disappoint even his most fervent worshippers. You know why? Because we're all human. Nothing makes us happy. And Obama isn't the Angel Gabriel. He's just a guy. So that means we have disappointment squared. I don't envy him.


Speaking of losing the baby weight, I don't really know how this is happening, but the extra rolls have just started melting off. This is pretty remarkable for two reasons. One, I'm still not exercising (partly because of bum knee, partly because I am Lazy). Two, I eat anything and everything that crosses my path. For instance, I made some food for Awesome Friend's shower. A whole package of cheese, half a gigantic summer sausage, half a batch of garlic dip, and a whole batch of chocolate dip went back home with me. I devoured it all in two days. Most of it in one sitting.


The Child permitted me to go outside today. She didn't even squeak. Must have been the brandy I dipped her pacifier in.

She has also learned how to roll over from back to front (well, back to side, but I haven't given her much of a chance to complete the job). This makes life more complicated for me. No more leaving her on the changing table (I know, I know!) while I find a pair of socks.

She also has hit the Woman, Don't You Ever Put Me Down phase. This sucks a lot because she weighs approximately 72 pounds. She wears the same size diapers our pastor's two-year-old wears. Yeah.


Time to go watch Supernatural. I am so glad that show is back on. Tomorrow I watch Lost. I couldn't be happier right now.


PS: For those of you interested, here are the recipes I used for the dips. They were both incredibly easy and delicious:

Roast Garlic (I used this garlic roasting method rather than the one in the dip recipe, but they're not that much different)
Garlic Dip (I don't have a food processor, so I just used a blender; it worked okay)
Chocolate Dip

No comments:

Post a Comment