Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sharing is caring

The problem with having friends is that they pass on all their various illnesses and diseases, along with all their kids' illnesses and diseases. I'm swimming in friends here. I couldn't have kept these people away if I'd wanted to (I didn't). This is the most friendly place I have ever lived, and it's AWESOME.

Except for the whole getting sick the weekend before Christmas.

Everyone at church got sick in the last couple of weeks. I breathed a sigh of relief when it seemed to have passed us by. And then Emmy woke up from her nap yesterday with a fever. And then last night Jeremy started moaning and being sad and uncomfortable, and I rolled my eyes because I'm the best wife ever. And then he spent the entire night being violently ill. And then when I got up this morning I felt like my throat was stuffed with a giant wad of balled-up socks.

Grace is completely unaffected. As usual.

It's like we all have something different. Which is fun because we could potentially pass around various horriblenesses for weeks. Who knows what could happen? It'll be the best Christmas surprise ever.

Also, we're supposed to leave for Denver tomorrow morning.

I spent all of yesterday cleaning like a crazy person, and then I went to the liquor store (in Utah, this means driving around to seven different locations which may or may not be closed at odd hours and hoping one of them is open and has what you want) and then water aerobics, so I think maybe I'm just overtired. I get sinusy weirdness all the time lately; I think it's the pollution.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself as I alternate between sweating and shivering every five minutes.

The one bright spot in the day is that Upstairs Neighbor brought down the cutest present for us this morning (four adorable mugs, hot cocoa mix, and some tea). Totally made my day. Now I feel like a horrible person for not thinking to get them anything.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, all!

(And please pray that we'll all be better tomorrow. I've been looking forward to this trip since I left there last month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment