Sunday, June 21, 2009

Evil Tooth from Hell

Let me tell you something, kids. If you have a dentist phobia, don't ever let that keep you from taking care of tooth problems. Just trust me on this. PROMISE.

I had a root canal in 6th grade. Very weird, since I had perfect teeth until just a few years ago. Anyway, a while ago, it broke apart, but it didn't really hurt, so I just decided I could live with it. Until... I don't know when. I wasn't really thinking about that. I was just thinking I could keep avoiding the dentist forever. Which was REALLY REALLY DUMB, OH MY GOSH.

Yesterday I bit into a chicken sandwich, and then purple stars and razor blades erupted from The Tooth from Hell. There may have been profanity.

I took three ibuprofen, and the pain diminished, and I thought it would be okay until Monday, and then I took three more right before bed. However, I woke up in the middle of the night, and my jaw was on fire. So I took three more and tried to sleep. Silly me. It took a while.

And then today it just got worse and worse and worse until finally we got ahold of the dentist (who, by the way, I haven't even met yet, and he's already changing my opinion of dentists in general because he was so great with James and his wisdom teeth, and so great this evening on the phone). And I have painkillers and antibiotics on the way, as soon as James gets home from Walmart. However much that place pisses me off sometimes, I am quite pleased with them today. James got there after they closed, and they STILL started on my prescription. I am not sure that James passed on the message about me loving them and wanting to bake them all cookies, except that my baking skills are so abysmal as to make any cookies poisonous.

My tooth is getting taken care of tomorrow, maybe Tuesday, and I just cannot wait. I have never been excited to see a dentist. And, let me tell you people, I will never EVER be lax in going to the dentist again. And I will be ON IT if my kids tell me any dentist ever humiliates them so much they never want to go to one again. Because that's why I'm afraid of dentists. My dentist's motto was: Better oral hygiene through fear, humiliation and lectures! Dear Dentist Man, THAT DOESN'T WORK. It makes kids afraid of you forever, and it makes them ignore everything you say. Just FYI.

Well, I'm not entirely sure that's what really happened because I can't recall anything that actually happened (except that the Novocaine didn't work all that well). Just a general impression of feeling like a big fat loser who chewed on toilet seats for fun

No comments:

Post a Comment