Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Will post longer entry later, but...

Little Gracie (aka Creepy Fetus, Ham Loaf, Squid, or Cephalopod) finally arrived Sept 30th at 7:42 pm.

Hours and hours of labor (once I got the epidural, it was very, very happy labor), I got to 9 cm and came to a screeching halt. For 3 1/2 hours. We finally decided to go ahead with a C-section, which was one of the most painful experiences of my life, but oh so worth it.

Grace came out, finally, and they put her on the table right up next to my face, and I bawled like a baby. She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life. And she's 10 lbs, 2 oz, and 22 inches. She is chubby and has a carpet of black curly hair (edit: now that she's been shampooed a couple times, it turns out it's super straight and spiky). James is wrapped around her finger and already knows how to soothe her like a pro. She's fed twice already for about half an hour apiece, and done it like a champ.

I've never been so in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment