Monday, September 15, 2008

Nope. Not yet.

Absolutely no news. The reason for this entry is that I hadn't written in a while, and I wanted to assure you all that I am alive, and that the two of us are still firmly fused together. Unless I have no internet, I fully plan to post an entry the moment we leave for the hospital. And even if I don't do that, I'm bringing my laptop with me because there is free wireless. I can imagine that I won't care very much about the internets once I have my BAY-BEE, but there's always the chance that I could go into withdrawal and get the DTs and be unable to feed or care for her at all without getting my internet fix.

My stomach looks like it's shrunk about an inch. In reality, I'm bigger than ever, but she's dropping, and it's all spread out (although I gained no weight last week--oh! maybe she's slowing down!). I'm less "cute" and more "who ran over the beach ball?" She had better come soon, though I've been informed that I'm not allowed to have the baby until Saturday afternoon. The church ladies are throwing me a shower. I love my church ladies.

Last doctor's appointment (Friday): not dilated at all, but softer. I am *ahem* extremely tender and am dreading my next appointment. This last one was with the wee tiny female doctor (I could break her with my pinkie) and her twee hands. The next is with my favorite doctor (yay!), but he has substantially larger hands (boo!). Still smallish for a guy, but definitely not the size of Wee Tiny Doctor's. Meh. It'll get a whole lot worse in a couple weeks.

Oh, also! Great news! I have a narrow pelvis. That is just awesome. It's like the genes on either side of this baby's family got together to conspire against me. My side of the family: itty bitty bone structure, narrow pelvis. James's side: giant babies. Both sides: giant heads and shoulders. It's like a cat giving birth to a Cro-Magnon.

No comments:

Post a Comment