Wednesday, January 1, 2003

About Me

My name is Naomi.

I have a kid (The Child, or Grace, or, on occasion, that kid). I have another kid on the way. For now it is known as 2.0.

I have a husband (James, or his real name, which I sometimes put in by accident).

I laugh at everything. It keeps me sane.

I'm socially awkward and shy, but I'm also an extrovert. I love people. This means that, in an effort to impress the cool kids with my stunning wit, I often get nervous and just blurt out wildly inappropriate statements that aren't the least bit funny, and everyone stares at me like a rhinoceros sprouted out my skull, and then I want to sink into a hole and die.

Much of this blog is about one of the above four items. (The first, "My name is Naomi," does not offer up much writing material)

Email me at kinnagecargnage@hotmail.com.

Last updated 07/05/09

3 comments:

  1. Hi, fellow E-Heller. I love your blog and now follow. I noted you as a Lovely Blog Award in a little fun award thing I just did...http://nevertrustawomanwiththreenames.blogspot.com/. More of a "chain" sort of award but thought you might enjoy the mention :) Megan AKA Sugar/Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're your mother's daughter, for sure. Except I'm not usually funny. An exception to that rule happened Sunday. I had nursery, but no kids were in it, so I was sitting outside the sanctuary. One of our elders came out, went into the bathroom. A minute later Diane came out. She told me she heard ___'s cell phone ring and he left. She thought maybe he was being called away. I told her he was in the bathroom. She said she'd be happy to take his family home after church if he had to leave. I replied, "He locked the door." Where did THAT come from??? I wasn't trying to be funny. Yup. Your mother's daughter. You are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! That's where I get it! I always assume Dad was the reason I say inappropriate things. A customer once came up to me with a bowl of ketchup in her hand and asked, "Is this ketchup?" I thought, "Ummm... what else could it be?" So of course I said, "No. It's blood." It was a pretty horrible three seconds before she started laughing instead of reporting me to a manager.

    ReplyDelete