Friday, February 18, 2011

I am not lying in a gutter somwhere in Chicago.

I lived! And it was kind of fun. I mean, I was nearly delirious by the time I got to my friend's house and fell into bed. It was fun in the I've-never-done-anything-like-this-before-and-I-did-it-anyway kind of way. Flight canceled, spend 13 hours in the airport (I didn't post yesterday until I'd been there for a while), eat almost nothing for 24 hours, catch a new flight to a different destination, find my way through O'Hare to the bus station (which is an entirely different building, BTW), buy a ticket, and make it to my parents' town without getting mugged, lost, or kidnapped. And I won!

It's kind of exhilarating.

I miss my kids, but not as much as I thought I would (so far). I miss Jeremy MORE than I thought I would. I mean, not that I wasn't expecting to miss him at all, but I'm far more used to being away from him for a few days at a time.

I'm cutting this short because I have to get up early, but remind me to tell you about Racist Scottish Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment