Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Send in the Pods

I swear we have body snatchers up in here (I TOLD you there was something weird about this place).

The Child has not fussed without reason in two weeks. TWO. WEEKS. I think, actually, that no-nap day a while ago was the last day of irrational fussing. And she laughs! And likes tummy time! In fact, usually when I go to get her in the morning, she's already awake and happy, one hand in her mouth, the other playing with her toes, which are in the air. And today when I went in, she was still sound asleep and--holy crap--on her stomach.

Who is this little person who is suddenly so sunny and so full of personality? Where did she come from?

I remember a few years ago, there was this big old stink about Angelina Jolie referring to Shiloh as just this blob in comparison to her other kids. Everyone was all, "BABY HATEEEEER! YOU ONLY LIKE BABIES THAT AREN'T YOURS!" Which was ridiculous. Anyhow, now that Grace is out of the blob stage, I totally get it. Not that I didn't love Grace as a newborn. I did. But I loved her because she was my daughter, because she was cute and fat. Now I love her because of her. Make sense?


I'm trying to get my arms and abs back in shape. Yesterday after I did my (girlie, cheater) push-ups, my arms shook for an hour. And now my armpits feel like they're made of knives.


Fringe is back on. Yesterday's episode had a creepy kid in it that turned out not to be Evil. I was disappointed. When it comes to science fiction shows, ALL children are suspect. I'm so glad this show is back. It's not as good as Lost, but it's weird. Really weird. And I love weird shows. As long as they're done well.


I was going to write more, but I'm starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment