Saturday, January 31, 2009

Two in two days! Oh my!

I KNEW I was right. Check it out, yo: A Little Dirt is Good for You!

Not that I have a vat o' mud in the toilet into which I dip Grace on a daily basis, but neither do I wash my hands every time I pick her up or freak out if she picks up a piece of lint off the floor and tries to eat it (don't worry; I don't let her eat it, since it would probably really mess with her digestive system). And guess what. She's been sick once. ONCE! And I'm pretty sure she got it at the hospital because it happened right after we came home, and it only lasted about a week. I can breathe a sigh of relief over my dirty-yet-still-healthy home.


James found a ham a while ago for two dollars. It was a nine-pound ham. A delicious nine-pound ham, but, nonetheless, nine pounds is a lot of ham. Ham is coming out our ears. I don't know what to do with it. It's sitting in my refrigerator in two of my largest Tupperware containers, mocking me. There's no way we can eat it all before it goes bad. And, odd as this may sound, it bothers me far more to waste a two-dollar nine-pound ham than it does to waste a two-dollar chicken breast. To let such an amazing deal go to waste! It hurts!

ETA: I looked up freezing ham. That was my first idea. Seems it gets dried out and icky but is still good for stews and things. Problem is that I don't much care for ham unless it's plain or in a sandwich.


I had a long, fun entry planned out, and then my pastor called about music and stuff. And now The Child has to eat. You know it's a tiny congregation with limited options when I'M the music person.

1 comment:

  1. I have a really good potato soup recipe that has ham in it. That is what I do with leftover ham. Let me know if you want it.

    ReplyDelete